Sunday 5 February 2017

Snowman Challenge

t


Students chose to work on their own or with a partner to create the tallest snowman they could. This was our first STEM activity (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). Plans were being revamped throughout this process. There was lots of talk amongst the students:

"How big should we cut the circles?"
"I think the biggest should go on the bottom because that is how snowmen look."
"I am going to tape this edge to that edge so it will be taller."
"I am going to use the tape to make it like Olaf from Frozen."
"I think we should try doing it this way instead. Let's make more smaller circles."
"Our snowman ended up wider. Ours is the widest now."

We kept challenging the students to use all of their paper, asking if it is the tallest one they could make.  Here are some photos of the process:









1 comment:

  1. I love seeing all the pictures, Maddy enjoyed getting to see them tonight too :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete